Thursday, July 18, 2013
S'More Treat Bag - lemon juice "toasting" technique
You could easily adjust this design to make Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Valentine's, Birthday Treat sacks and more! Or, how about slumber party gifts or bowling team gifts or Secret Santa gifts - it's going to be soooo fun to play with this!!
Tools & Supplies:
Stamp Set: Hello From Camp
Cardstock: Navy Petite Polka Dot, Sugar
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Cherry
Brown Paper Bag, Cherry Chevron Ribbon, Vanilla Twine, Navy Button, Paint Brush, Lemon Juice
Heat Tool (optional, to speed drying)
Quickie Glue Pen and Champagne Glitter
3D Foam Adhesive
Navy Petite Polka Dot: 4” x 2” (trim to fishtail pennant)Sugar layer: 2 x 3 (die-cut with vintage labels 1 die set)
1. Adhere Navy Petite Polka Dot to bag front
2. Wrap ribbon around bag, adhere at top with twine and attach button
3. Stamp sentiment/stick with memento tuxedo black.
4. Using paint brush, add a small amount of lemon juice to each marshmallow (see tip) and heat. Takes 1 to 1 1/2 min.
5. Embellish marshmallows with glitter.
6. Add stars with cherry ink (use a light touch)
7. Mount label on bag with 3D Foam Adhesive.
Tip: This technique requires patience. Begin heating the back of the cardstock. Move to front and keep heating until lemon juice turns brown. You may have to add more lemon juice but it may spread outside the line if you add too much.
Have a wonderfully creative day!
Posted by Seleise Barrett at 2:30 PM