Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Step Card - A Christmas Carol - Template Included

Christmas in June? Really? Yep. Really! I got A Christmas Carol stamp set last fall but hadn't used it with class yet and now it's retiring. I love seeing it all colored up or embossed but decided to keep it simple since there were so many pieces and parts. It's cherry and evergreen inks on vanilla and kraft cardstock. Whichever color was stamped, the other color of ink was used to edge the cards.

I created my own step card template as the straight stair step cards or stepper cards have many variations. I wanted my finished card to fit in an A2 envelope so I started with 8.5" X 5.5" cardstock and scored it as follows.
Then, when assembling, I made sure my top piece didn't go above 4 1/4" so it would fit in the envelope.
Here's what it looks like from the side. As you can see there's some candy cane stripe, twas the night and gold star cardstock layered on the card base as well as some green baker's cording.

A fun step card to get the creativity going for the holidays. :)

This stamp set is retired by the end of the month and starting June 16, 2014, it goes on sale for 55% off. You can pick it up in my webstore.

Have a wonderfully creative day!!

No comments: