Sunday, July 14, 2013
Butterfly - Watercolor with Tombow Markers and Stardust Finishing Spray
Tools & Supplies:
Stamp Set: Papillon
Cardstock: Vanilla, Onyx, Onyx Chevron, Wasabi Petite Polka Dot, Bristol Watercolor
Ink: Versafine Black, Slate Splash
177 & 062 Tombow Marker
Large clear block (used to mix color on), Stardust
Finishing Spray, Water Brush, Detail Scissors
Vanilla: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, Watercolor paper: 2 1/2” x 3 1/2”
Onyx: 1/2” x 4 1/2”, Onyx Chevron: 7/8” x 4 1/2”
Wasabi Petite Polka Dot: 5/8” x 4 1/8” trimmed to fishtail
1. Score Vanilla cardstock at 4 1/4 to make A2 card.
2. Add drops of Slate Splash to card base, sparingly towards top (unscrew top and touch the base of the spray nozzle to the cardstock to leave little dots)
3. Adhere onyx layer to base then onyx chevron and wasabi petite polka dot on top of that.
4. Stamp image with Stazon on watercolor paper.
5. On a large clear block, add a generous amount of color with one marker in one spot and other marker in another spot. Add some drops of Stardust spray over the marker (open top and drip on block - just like splash).
6. Using water brush, mix color with stardust and paint butterfly. (Clean block after painting with baby wipe)
7. Detail cut butterfly, adhere to card base.
Tip: Sugar cardstock can be used instead of watercolor but be careful not to oversaturate.
All supplies can be found in my webstore: www.amusestudio.com/seleise
Have a wonderfully creative day!!
Posted by Seleise Barrett at 10:29 PM