Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Geek Is the New Chic

This card features such a fun stamp set - Geek is the New Chic! It's got such great sayings like this one on the front of the card. I think this would be a great sentiment for a tween/teen's b-day card or a graduation card or a friend card or... you get the idea! There are several great sentiments on the set!

Don't you love the glasses? There are several different frame shapes in the set. I put three of them together on a block to use with seattle ink to make a background. And, there's a matching die set that will work in most die-cutting machines. I cut first and then stamped but you can also do it the other way around. A little twinkle star sticker adds just a touch of fun to the die cut. :)

The card base is buttercup and the vintage labels 2 piece is in lemon whip. The pinking die (also compatible with most die-cutting machines) is great for getting a fun border and halloween washi finished off the look on both the pinked piece and vintage labels diecut. Isn't that fun?
Here's the inside - the same three frames from the background stamping just stamped once on the inside and another sentiment from the stamp set popped on top. :)

The cardstock is all from the June Cardstock Paper Pack called The Roaring Twenties (onyx, lemon whip, buttercup, seattle and sugar). So soft and pretty (my last card was also made from this paper pack).  I think this combo would be great for wedding cards or sympathy or birthday or just because or baby...very versatile I guess is what I'm trying to say. *wink* And, Geek is the New Chic is part of the June spotlight specials too.


I'm holding my first ever stamp camp next week-end (and it's going to be so much fun!!) so I'd better get back to cutting card parts! Have a wonderfully creative day!

www.amusestudio.com/seleise

No comments: