Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Embossed Vellum Butterfly Card

Here's a great notecard for someone going through a tough time or dealing with a loss. It features a butterfly from Papillon, embossed in white on vellum cardstock. Isn't that pretty? I trimmed around the image but didn't go right next to the embossing. You definitely could but I tried it and liked the small border better.
Once the butterfly is embossed and cut (in that order), fold the wings up slightly and glue the body of the butterfly on a circle die-cut from the Everything's Rosy paper pack. Leave the wings free so flutter over the edge of the circle die-cut from the card front.
Here's a closer look.
And, here's what it looks like from the inside.
Isn't this pretty? You could do the cut-out look with lots of different stamp sets. I'm partial to Papillon though as butterflies always work for cards of this type.

And, check out my helpers (two of my youngest nephews) who cut out all my circles. Such cuties!! Start 'em early on crafting!

All of these products are available in the new catalog that went live on July 1st!! yea!! Check out all the goodies here: www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Have a wonderfully creative day!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's beautiful, Seleise! I love the neutral color palette and the way you used the background paper in the circle...very cute helpers as well!