Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Chocolate Cherry Mixed Media Valentine

What is better than chocolate-covered cherries? That was my inspiration for the color combo for this fun Valentine. In addition to the yummy colors, it was fun to add some textures to it. I used Spellbinder heart dies, cut 3 different sizes out of FSJ cardstock and then ran the large one through the cuttlebug in an embossing folder. The PTI brown cardstock was also embossed with the same folder. To make the texture pop, a|s shell ink pad was pulled over the raised embossing. Isn't that pretty?!

The front was put together and then texture paste was added using a heart stencil from JoAnn.  So easy to "frost" the stencil and, such a great effect.  I had owned texture paste for over a year but had never used it and now I'm addicted.
 I also found a great tutorial for a half-circle pop-up card. Love learning new techniques and this was so easy to follow: http://juliedavison.blogspot.com/2015/06/video-pdf-half-circle-pop-up-card.html?m=1
Here's the side view. Fun stuff and great tip on reducing bulk.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by my blog!

No comments: