Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Miss You - Double Z-Fold Box Card!

This card is soooo fun! I love how it looks and it's so easy to make. I made two versions of the double z-fold card. I did one that was horizontal (shown here) and one vertical (coming soon). So many ways to play and decorate. You can do a wider band across or narrower or several. So many options.

Here are the dimensions for this "Miss You" card:
Card base:  4-1/8" X 11. Score at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2".
Band is 1-1/8" X 11". Score at 2-3/4" and 5-1/2".

The layer pieces are 1/8" smaller than the flap so 2-5/8" X 4" for the card layers.

1 X 5-3/8", 1 X 2-5/8" (twice) for the band.

Here's the folded look. It fits into an A2 envelope with ease.
I have to stop and say - aren't the colors gorgeous! Grape, Berry and Lime mixed with Vanilla - yum!! And, party foul on my part when I designed my card, I didn't realize that the Everything's Rosy paper pack had been discontinued. It was my fave! But, you can use any coordinating DP for the butterfly trio dies and it will be wonderful! I love the bow on the mason jar die cut out! You could put it anywhere on the jar and you could change the sentiments out to birthday or anniversary or friendship - it works for so many things!
Here's the card open - see that cool box effect.
And, here's a slightly blurry top view - so fun!
The cool thing is that when you stretch it out to the full length - it lays completely flat so it's easy to write a note to the recipient. :)
I hope you'll try making a double z-fold box card. Play around with the width of the band and have a blast!

All supplies (except for Everything's Rosy) are in my webstore: www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

sylvia said...

I love these double Z cards -- I'm going to try to make one for my class for October. Love both of your versions. Miss you....