Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

A Muse Studio Bow Die Tutorial

A Muse Studio has three wonderful bow dies that are each one piece and are super easy to assemble. The trickiest one is the mini bow die just because my fingers are bigger and the notches are smaller but still, easy to assemble. :) The instructions are the same for each of the bow dies.

1. Cut the bow
2. There are notches on each of the tails.
3. With the pattern facing you, fold the wings back and slide the notched pieces into each other. Basically, make a fish! :)
4. Hold the "fish" and with your thumb on the front piece and a finger from your other hand behind the notched piece (fish tail) and push them towards each other so you have the bow shape. (Boy, do I need a manicure!)
5. Fold the center piece around the center and glue dot the flap after the last fold. And, there you have it - a sweet little bow and all you need is one die cut and one glue dot!
Have fun making bows!!

3 comments:

Avis Anderson said...

How stinkin' cute!!! Of course I bought the smallest (and hardest)
bow die but with your tutorial I was able to make it EASILY.
Without your help I'm afraid this die would have gone
unused so thanks a bunch, Seleise!

Brenda Lee said...

Thank you SO much for posting this!!! I have all of the bow dies, but haven't had a chance to use them. Seeing this makes me want to make a whole bunch of bows. :)

Glittered Paws said...

I still "struggle" with the mini bow die but it is such a perfect size for so many projects. Practice makes perfect!!! Thanks for the great tutorial.