Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

A Splashy, Sparkly Hello - Quick and Simple

A Muse Studio has these wonderful new word dies and here's one I used in my March card class. I cut the word out of clear cardstock (acetate/transparency) and spread Tombow Mono Multi glue on the back. I let it dry and it became an instant repositionable mask. Yep. It's one of the great things about Mono Multi. It works as glue normally works. But, if you let it dry without adhering it to anything, it become a repositionable item which is perfect for masking. And, I learned recently to make my masks out of clear cardstock and then you can use them over and over and over. But, if you don't have any acetate on hand, use cardstock and just know that it has a limited lifespan. ;)

I put the hello mask on the sugar cardstock layer (5 1/4" X 4") and spritzed over it with lime splash. Peeled up the mask and voila - a pretty hello floating in the splashy background.  A side strip from the new paper pack, Everything's Rosy, and some bubblegum organdy polka dot ribbon added some oomph to the design. The final step was to add a little lime glitter. I used the quickie glue pen and dotted randomly on the background and then poured on some lime glitter. This was the result. A bright, cheery, splashy and glittery hello card that would be perfect to pop in the mail. ;)


Here's the inside. Lime ink and more of that pretty 6X6 paper pack!

Shop Online




Stamps:            Hand-scripted, $25.99

Cardstock:       Sugar (20), p. 114, $7.50

Paper:               Everything’s Rosy 6X6 Pattern, S, $5.99
Splash:              Lime, p. 115, $5.95

Dies:                  Hello, S, $5.99

Ribbon:            Bubblegum Organdy Polka Dot, p. 122, $5.25
Other:               Lime Glitter, p. 121, $4.70

                          Quickie Glue Pen: p.136, $2.95
Ink:                    Lime, p. 115, $5.95

Have a wonderfully creative day!!

1 comment:

di said...

Love this! I really like how you put on the dots of lime glitter, great idea. I like making masks from dies too, I forgot about that great property of mono. Thanks for the reminder!