Sponged Background Technique:
If you ever feel you can't find the right designer paper to stamp on, consider making your own background paper by sponging masked shapes. For this card, I used the large star die to create a mask from a lightweight cardstock and sponged winter sky on to the sugar layer. I moved the mask around the layer until I had all the stars that I wanted for the background. This was one of the cards from Camp Wanna Stamp. It's also another entry into the SCS Color Challenge CC433.
Stamp Set: Let Freedom Ring, Tini Time
Cardstock: Sugar, Apple
Ink: Apple, Navy, Winter Sky
light-weight cardstock mask
washi tape (to hold mask in place)
3D Foam Adhesive
Sugar cardstock base: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”
Apple cardstock layer: 3" X 5 1/2"
Sugar cardstock layer: 3 3/4” x 5”
1. Score Sugar cardstock at 4 1/4 to make A2 card.
2. Create sponged star background by using mask. Start with inked sponge dauber on mask and pull onto the card base. Hold tight or use washi tape to hold. Move around to put multiple stars on base.
3. Stamp sentiment in apple.
4. Stamp flag off left side. PUT APPLE INK on FIRST! Then ink with NAVY. Take care not to mix the inks.
5. Stamp navy tini time fireworks.
6. Ink edge with Navy ink pad.
6. Tie silver cording around layer.
7. Add apple layer to card base and pop up decorated layer.
All supplies are a muse studio and can be found in my webstore: www.amusestudio.com/seleise
Have a wonderfully creative day and a safe and happy 4th of July for those celebrating in the USA!