Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Prop Swap for Seminar

I'm home from the annual seminar for The Angel Company. WOWZA!!! We had SOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun - got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many new stamps AND got SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many fabulous ideas!

This year, for the first time, we had a prop swap. This is where you make something new or alter something to make it new again. I love hitting the clearance aisles at Hobby Lobby to find items to alter. There are always "beat up" shelves or frames or little boxes that once some paper, modge podge and stamps hit them - are once again FABULOUS!!

I forgot to take a pic of the "before" but here's the "after". I took a HL home decor clearance item that became new again after Maggie paper and cardstock, a Fabulous You stamped image and sentiment, Maggie ribbon and bling from the clear gem pack were added. There's also shimmer from the shimmer gel pen on the collar and dress. I wish my quick photo on the hotel bed turned out better as the colors aren't showing up as well as they should but you get the idea.
What do you think? Paula Kay received it and made my day when she came over to thank me. Paula Kay makes the most amazing cards and I'm always in awe of her talent! She was so very gracious in her thank you to me. I'm so pleased you like it as much as I do, Paula Kay!! Thank you for your kind words!

I got this fabulous magnetic board in the exchange made by Julie Robinson. Isn't it super cute!!! I love it!
 Thanks, Julie! It's so creative and useful and CUTE!!!

I need to make another special or two and need to take a pic of my swap card but that will be another day. Time to get back to cutting out some of the new stamps!!

Have a wonderfully creative day!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Seleise - your coat rack/holder was AMAZING!!! I love love love it! What a wonderful job! Thanks for letting me "lift" your pic for my blog! :) It was great seeing you this weekend!

Susan said...

I love your prop swap - you are so creative! I can't wait to hear all about seminar! Thanks again for dropping off the catty - it saved my sanity!

Julie Robinson said...

I love your prop swap! I am going to try to copy it.... the colors go in my new bathroom! hee hee!

great project!