Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Embossed Sympathy

Embossing is the main reason I got into stamping. Seriously. It's like magic to watch the powder change into this fabulous, rich color. Or, to preserve an image when it's clear - amazing. I kind of went embossing crazy at my September class but when you're creating magic - why not?! lol!
I get a lot of sympathy card orders and requests so I'm always looking at different ways to put together cards. There are a lot of embossed cards on the commercial market so it seemed a great way to pull in embossing powder with the TAC With Sympathy and TAC Autumn Leaves stamp set. There was also a happy accident that got added to the card. I was playing around with ribbon and tied two together, started to put it on the card and realized they separated opposite ways. I really liked how they looked this way so kept it. What do you think?

Here's the inside. I carried the torn paper/embossing to the inside to create a complete look.

Have a wonderfully creative day!

3 comments:

Deb said...

gorgeous card,so love that embossing, you are right, it is such a magical process! hugs Debx

Glittered Paws said...

This is beautiful - love the embossing and what a great card for a class.

Helen Dooley said...

this is awesome!