Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Layer Border Background

I have a great card to share with you and I have to thank Beth at Sunflowers and Dragonflies for her great tutorial on a one layer border background technique! Beth has a great blog with tutorials every Tuesday and it's definitely worth the time to look through her wonderful creations!

Check out how fabulous a flat card can be!!!


And, what if you take a longer "mask" and create a border on the inside of the card? Love it!!!


Here's with a square mask for the top layer - Isn't it pretty?


So, which stamp sets and colors did I use for my cards?
Palette inks: Orangerie, Cote D'Azure and Cognac
Stamps: Circle Sampler, Flowers and Holly, Swirlies
Paper: Ivory cardstock

That's it and you can make soooo many variations. I can't wait to try more!!

Happy Stamping and Thanks again, Beth, for a fabulous and fun technique!

7 comments:

Debi Urbanek said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to do this technique with you. Especially love the color combo.
Debi

Chris (catt871) said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I think I'll have to try this too!!!!! LOVE the colours you chose!!!! Sooo pretty!!!!

Alley said...

Love your colors and the pretty look.

Anonymous said...

Nice colors! And I love the background! rita w

Michelle said...

WOW this is awesome! Thanks for the links...off to go check it out so I can try and make some of these beauties!!!

Sparkplug17 said...

Very pretty! I love how you did the background.

Beth Norman said...

Wow, what pretty results!! I love the colour too. And, what a unique idea to add embellishment to the inside of your card. Great job!