Pages

Sunday, January 25, 2009

A variety of cards


I love how this card came out. It pairs a retired butterfly stamp with Linear Sentiments in pink on birch and brown cardstock. Love it!


I've had Pattern Sayings since they came out last Spring and love it but have always felt like I was missing the mark with the design. I finally figured out that stickles ties the letters together and just makes for a super fun design. Oh, and the background is a piece of Design Cut with a View white core cardstock that has been scored on the scor-pal and sanded. Love this technique!


You may have noticed that I have an unhealthy attachment to the Gerbera Daisy but it's just so easy to stamp in so many colors and put with birthday and sympathy and get well sentiments that it's always my "go-to" stamp in a bind. I love, love, love how this card came together. The blue and brown inks paired with the brown ribbon and dew drops. It's so soothing. More Elegant Sentiments - great set for those special/important occasions. Don't you think this combination makes for a wonderful sympathy card?


Glittering Gel Pens are the coloring medium for an angel from the Just Dream set. I love how the Tombow Grey Marker grounds the angel and finishes off the design.


Last but not least, is the Fall Harvest birthday card I made for my youngest niece's 4th birthday. She is quite the stamper so I knew she'd appreciate the card (and she did!). I used the Tombow Bright Markers with the clear blender to pick up color rather than coloring directly on the image. This gave it a softer pastel look. Then, I covered the image with a white shimmer chalk to finish it off.


Cynthia and Diana gave me this lovely blog award. It really made my day. Diana also gave me two other blog awards (see them here). Thanks bunches!!! Be sure to check out their blogs to see some great stuff!

There is a cat set in the new magalogue that I just have to have! There are sooooo many neat sets to color and a paper doll monkey set that's just tooo cute!!! February 1 is the first date to order from the new stuff. fun, fun!

My next post is my 100th so check back for some awesome blog candy!!!

Happy Stamping!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

WOW what beautiful cards! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the butterfly & linear set card!! They are all spec-TAC-ular though!!

Lisadwb said...

Lots of Lovelies today. They are all beautiful.

Deb said...

wow, fabulous cards Seleise, all so gorgeous, if I had to choose I would say I love the black and white most, the gerbera with the writing over is stunning! I'll be watching out for your 100th post!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Wow, you have been busy! Thanks for sharing all the great idea's! My favorite is the black with the blue flower faintly in the background and the sentiment!! I love that. We don't think of using black too much. Great card!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

You have been very busy Seleise, I love the gerbera card!

:) Marcia

Ann said...

These are all so pretty! I love the green one the best--it really pops!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW, they are all awesome!! I love the black one with the butterflies!!!!! SOOOOOOOOO pretty!!!