Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Harvest and Church Bazaar gift items

I spent the week-end with my youngest niece and nephew so my sister and her husband could work farm ground. I had a blast. The kiddos helped me and my sis with a bunch of projects, including some items for my sister's church bazaar (or "church a czar" as my 3 year old niece called it!).Here are two of the altered items we made using the Bella Flor paper which is discontinued but TAC is selling it for half price (only $10!) until it's gone. I love this cheery paper!!!




Also, I love the new Fall Supplement stamps. The Fall Harvest stamp set is too cute. Here's the little girl holding the sunflower which I've paper pieced with Willoughby paper for a Willoughby swap. The sentiment is from Seeds of Blessing - a great set with many different ways to express your feelings on friendship. The card is finished off with a grey marker under the feet of the little girl to "ground" her and a couple of scor-pal lines to add a simple raised effect. I love this new paper line. Isn't it pretty?! I think this stamp set is perfect for paper piecing, don't you? I can't wait to color it too though and maybe then it will be my favorite to color too. hee hee! I used Goo Gone and Prismacolor pencils to color the sunflower and the hair. Love that technique! I'm still a novice when it comes to coloring but hopefully I'm improving. :)



Time to unpack my stamping stuff! Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Jane said...

Well, for a novice I think you are doing a pretty good job! Your coloring looks great!

Jane
SBS4

Debi Urbanek said...

Georgous as always. You are so creative.
Debi

Heather said...

Cute cute cute! I love that paper too - and am so glad they are still offering it!

Barb said...

Great gift items, Seleise... and I love the little Sunflower girl (so sweet)!

Anonymous said...

Well I think your colouring is good, that image is such a sweetie!

:) Marcia

Michelle said...

Seleise - I just wanted to tell you I was lucky enough to receive one of those cards in the swap and I absolutely LOVE it!!