Pages

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Using punches in a different way

If you're like me, you have a TON of punches or gadgets. I admit it. I'm a PUNCH-A-HOLIC! It's true and I don't see it as an addiction that I want to beat. hee hee! However, I sometimes get in a rut and don't think about other ways to use those punches. So, here are a couple of cards that, for me, were thinking "outside of the box." I know there are many of you who probably have done this a lot but to me, it was new and fun. With this card, I used the giga merchandise tag turned on its side and added "hello" from Trendy Greetings. The flower is from spring dream and is colored with prisma color pencils. The background is a stamp from simply divine which is stamped on the scarlet cardstock with versamark.


This card you've seen before but I wanted to show it again to highlight the punch rather than the paper piercing. The mini round tab punch and the glitter gel pens are fun additions to the mint and raspberry card and besides the glitter gels, a little "bling" finishes it off.


And, punches are perfect ways to make "windows" in cards by providing a connection from the inside of the card to the outside of the card. I really like this fun little happy birthday fish card that ties the brightly colored fish on the inside to the simple outside monochromatic fish and bubbles. Although this limited edition fish set is no longer available, you can get the full-sized fish in the fun fish stamp set and do the same thing with a bigger punch. The white fish on the brown cardstock are stamped with brilliance moonlight white ink and the multi-colored fish is stamped with the spectrum kaleidacolor ink. This window was made with a simple circle punch but you can use merchandise tags and shipping tags and squares and scallops and you name it. Experiment and have fun!


My challenge to you is to use something you have in a different way. If you send me a link to your design, I'll edit this post and add your link. Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

Barb said...

All of these are great, Seleise!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Love them Seleise. My punches sit pretty on my wall and I forget to reach for them. Thanks for reminding me!

Linda said...

I really like your card!! I don't have very many punches. I look at them but I don't buy. HUM-- I wonder why. I guess I just can't figure what I would do with them. But your cards are beautiful. Maybe I will have to try some.

Stampin' Meg said...

Great punchin" . I just got one of the new flower ones and am having a lot of fun with it too!

Marjorie said...

Wonderful ways to use your punches! I actually don't have hardly any, lol. I especially love the fish card! The black and white is great and I love that pop of color with other other fish! I left you an award on my blog, come check it out if you like :D

Anonymous said...

I love punches too! Great cards and I love that cute flower.

Unknown said...

IM TRYING NOT TO GET ADDICTED TO PUNCHES...LOL THANKS FOR MAKING IT HARD...LOL YOUR DOING SOME FABULOUS THINGS WITH THEM!

scrappernic said...

Beautiful cards! What great ideas for punches. I never remember to use mine. Thanks for the inspiration :)

Chris (catt871) said...

SO creative!!! I love that first punch turned on it's side!!! Very clever!! LOVE all the cards!!!