Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

April Card Class

Tonight was my April Card Class and we had so much fun. We made 4 cards and started with the most difficult one - a waterfall card. The irony is that it's really not that hard! :) I had seen the card design on-line but hadn't ever tried it because I just couldn't wrap my mind around the directions. However, Sandy Herrs brought one as a swap card in March to Wing Workout and it was SOOOOO cute! She showed us how to do it and I didn't have time to try it until Sunday. So, I made one and immediately added it to my class card selections for Monday. Here are pics of it closed and partially opened so you can see it in action. Goodness of God is the stamp set and the colors were Claret, Iris, Cote d'azure and Jardin Moss (all palette colors). The TAC brown cardstock, stardust cardstock and matchmaker blue and tan finished it off. I love the blue/brown craze that's hot right now.

We started with the waterfall as I knew it would take the most time. It actually doesn't take as much time after you've done it once but the first time takes a little patience to figure out the steps. But, then, we did these three super quick and super cute cards. The ladies all seemed to really enjoy them. One is a variation of a card in my last post. I really like the simplicity and the wow factor of each of these. And, they use some of my favorite stamp sets: Distressed Seasonal (a hostess set), Just Because, Hello Baby and Chicken Scratch. So, now it's time to get back to getting cards made and thinking about upcoming FUNshops and classes. fun, fun!

Happy Stamping!

10 comments:

Deb said...

Fantastic cards, I love your waterfall card, it looks very complicated, the others are gorgeous too!

Unknown said...

THE WATERFALL CARD LOOKS VERY TRICKY! LOVE ALL THE STAMPING ON ALL OF THE NEW CARD CREATIONS!

Anonymous said...

What cute cards! Looks like it was a fun class!

Sparks

Donelda said...

love these cards...especially that waterfall card!

Marjorie said...

These are so cute!! It looks like that was a really fun class ^_~

Jane said...

I bet everyone had fun! My favorite is actually the brown one in the middle on the bottom picture. And yes, the waterfall card sounds difficult but once you have one in your hands as a sample it all makes sense. Great job!

Jane
SBS4

Ying Pang, said...

these are so beautiful.I wish I can make a waterfall card too, but seems too hard for me:-(

KellyS said...

Great cards! I love that image from hello baby! So cute! I have yet to try a waterfall card, but hopefully someday!

scrappernic said...

Fun cards! I would have loved to take that class! Great job :)

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Love the cards, the waterfall one looks complicated but it has come out a treat.