Pages

Friday, December 7, 2018

Warm Tea-Rex Wishes! - Coffee Lovers Blog Hop

It's a holly jolly Christmas with a Tea-Rex in the house... *wink* This cute Newton's Nook Tea-Rex stamp is colored up in festive Christmas colors and layered with some festive Christmas papers. Isn't this fun and silly! The warm wishes sentiment is from Lawn Fawn's Love You a Latte stamp set.

This card would be fun to give with a gift of tea. I was contacted recently by the Republic of Tea to share my thoughts on a tea of my choice that they would provide. I love tea so said, "heck yeah!" I decided to try the Dream by the Fire tea that is a Rooibos Tea with cinnamon and vanilla notes.
I picked it because I adore cinnamon teas. Last night, I got out a pretty tea cup and brewed up a cup of this tea. Sadly, I didn't love this. I was looking for warm cinnamon notes with a touch of vanilla but another flavor overpowered the cup. I couldn't figure out the exact flavor but it was strong. I'm sure it's a lovely tea, just not a lovely tea for me. **note - I shared this tea with one of my co-workers and she LOVES it!! It's definitely a wonderful tea. and, I can highly recommend Republic of Tea's Ginger Peach. It's one of my faves!** I'm going to try another cup and may try this recipe:

Mulled Holiday Punch 
Makes 1 Serving

Ingredients 
• 1/2 cup apple juice
• 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
• 1/2 sliced orange round
• 1 favorite holiday tea bag (we recommend Holiday Spiced Plum or Dream by the Fire)

Directions 
1. Combine juices into a pan and bring to a boil.
2. Remove pan from heat. Add tea bag and orange slice and let steep for 5 minutes.
3. Remove tea bag and garnish with a cinnamon stick, if desired. Enjoy Sip by Sip.

I appreciate Republic of Tea for sharing the tea with me and am sorry that I didn't have a rave review for it. I will try it again though as maybe it's an acquired taste and if so, I will update the readers.

This is my 3rd of five posts today for the final day of the Coffee Lover's Blog Hop.

Happy stamping,
Seleise

7 comments:

Hetty said...

What a lovely card. I love that T-rex!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and a great mix of pattern papers too.

~amy~ said...

Such a fun Tea Rex card...boo that you didn't love the tea.

Billie A said...

What a fun card. Love the Tea-rex.. what a cute idea.

Laura S. said...

Ha, what a cheeky little twist on this card, super!

Fikreta said...

its so great and fun!

Karen Letchworth said...

Love that dinosaur....how cute!