Pages

Sunday, July 9, 2017

Distress Oxide Inks - Tags!!

Okay - I am an addict and have added yet another type of ink to my collection. Since I just jumped on the distress ink bandwagon, I had to go to the next step and try the distress oxide inks. I LOVE them! Both are awesome and the oxides just take it up a notch.

I watched this Jennifer McGuire Ink video and then started playing! http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2017/02/oxide-2.html

First up a stenciled background with additional distressing. I used the distress oxide over the stencil on my craft mat. I spritzed the ink (that was leftover on my mat) with a water bottle and pulled the tag through the beads of color. Used my heat gun to dry between layers and look - fabulosity!!
My niece made the cheerleading squad so I purchased some cheerleading digis to make up a special project for her.  The tag is done and now may become part of a journal front. :) The cute little cheerleader is colored with prismacolor pencils and the happy die cut is three layers.
This next tag is simply distress ink over another stencil and a light mist from a distance for a delicate oxide look.
I used an SVGcuts fairy and a papertrey sentiment to finish it off. Oh  - and some A Muse Studio Stardust spray to give it a bit of shimmer. 
The distress oxides layer beautifully so you can add color, spritz, dry, add color, spritz, dry and repeat until you get a look you're happy with. The magic happens when the ink dries.
Three thanks die cuts are layered together to give a bit of depth to the sentiment. I've seen this on several blogs and finally thought to try it. And, there's a great product to use to do this so keep reading to find out more. :) The tag features a Red Rubber Designs stamp from the Sunflowers stamp set that was watercolored with Peerless watercolors. Isn't it pretty?!
As for the tip on layering diecuts, I found this awesome double-sided adhesive from The Ton and it come in a variety of widths.
All you have to do is place it on the back of the cardstock that you're going to cut. Put the die on the front of the cardstock and cut away. You're left with a die cut that has adhesive already on it! It's perfect for those fine script die cuts that are more challenging to glue. It's awesome for layering several die cuts together! So happy to have this product on hand! 
Here's one final distress oxide background for the day. You'll have to check out my Pickled Potpourri Designs design team post on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 to see the finished tag. 
Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed a trip through distress oxide ink tags! 

Have a wonderfully creative day! 

No comments: