Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Chelsea's Tip for Perfect Die-Cutting! (Tutorial)

Why, yes.... I have been MIA! My apologies. It's conference season and my time has not been my own as I have to get conferences prepped for my full-time job before I can take time for my fun job. :) So, conference #2 of 3 is done and in a week and a half, conference #3 will be done too. whew! But, the people are great so it's worth it. However, it's made me neglect my blog so keep reading for a handy tutorial on die-cutting to make up for it. :)

In July I attended the A Muse Studio National Conference in Santa Fe and had a blast! I love catching up with everyone and laughing and stamping and learning and it's just great! My mom came with me this year which made it even more fun! Here we're at one of our favorite restaurants in Santa Fe. :)

At the conference, Chelsea Comer shared this amazing idea that makes die-cutting with our matching dies, super easy and super successful every time!

1. Stamp your image (this is from the new sunflower set - love it!)

2. Die cut a mask out of a piece of scrap cardstock and then line up the die-cut mask over the image and washi tape it to your cutting pad.

3. Pop the die into the opening of the mask and washi tape it into place.

4. Run it through your die-cutting machine (I used the Grand Caliber but it would work on any of them) and this is what you're left with - a perfectly cut sunflower!

Kudos to Chelsea for that most awesome tip!!

And, isn't it great to have fabulous images with matching dies?! I love it! Any of the stamp sets in the catalog that have a red line around them means that there's a matching die set that just fits around the image. Great stuff! To do a little happy shopping of your own, visit my webstore: www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Have a wonderfully creative day!!

No comments: