Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Wonderful Day!

Wouldn't this be a cheery note to get in the mail! It features the new Beautiful Birthdays set which has so many great possibilities from cheer to comfort. I love the fonts in this set too. So fun and frivolous and flowy! This also features two of our new inks, margarita and habanero, paired with last year's berry color. The pair wonderfully together, don't you think? The sentiment is stamped in versafine on margarita cardstock. After it's layered on the onyx cardstock, a little sugar polka dot organdy ribbon was tied around the sentiment layer. It's finished off with by gathering (sewing term) berry crepe paper and gluing it to the back before using 3D foam to pop it up off the card. 

You may have noticed that crepe paper looks narrow. I took a 15" strip or so and folded it in fourths and then cut through the middle. That gave me two narrow 15" strips. I gathered one strip on the top edge. I then worked a little at a time and glued it down, adjusting the gathers as I went. When I got to the end, I trimmed off the excess, added some 3D foam and popped it up on the card. Isn't it a fun addition? And, it's so easy!

Have you used crepe paper in cardmaking? If so, I'd love to hear about it so please leave me a comment and let me know. :)

All products are available to ship to your door: www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Have a wonderfully creative day!

No comments: