Pages

Friday, November 8, 2013

Silent Night on Winter Sky

I ADORE the new stamp set, Silent Night! This set speaks to me in ways I can't effectively communicate but I'll try. It brings the feeling of home, peace, new fallen snow, nostalgia, Christmas, simpler times, simple beauty and so much more. I'm going to bring you a tutorial of a copic colored version and cameo digital cut files but for today here's a very simple version put together with a sentiment from It's a wonderful life!
The card base is vanilla and a strip of eucalyptus is on the left side. The image and sentiment are stamped in eucalyptus ink and silver cording is tied around the edge. Isn't the eucalyptus ink stunning on the winter sky cardstock?!

With this stamp set, I can't help myself. I have to add glitter. So, I pull out the quickie glue pen and add glue to wherever I want to highlight the snow and then add diamond glitter. I keep repeating that until it's glittered to my satisfaction. I love how the diamond glitter captures the essence of the snow where it crystallizes on the trees and roofs and mounds, don't you? I also added just a touch to the left side of each letter in the sentiment - just because I liked it. :)
Here's the inside. The sentiment is from Peace on Earth.

Several of these products are included in the November Thankful for You promotion so it's a great time to pick them up on sale! www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Have a wonderfully creative day!

3 comments:

di said...

This is my favorite stamp set from the new catalog. I can't wait to play with it.

the*Creative*Manderbean said...

SO pretty! Was thinking tonight that I owe you for an ink refill STILL, I think?

Pamela Fredrickson said...

Gorgeous!!!