Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Candy Corn Kisses 1 X 8 treat bag

Have you tried the pumpkin spice candy corn? Yum! I decided to share it with my class peeps this month. We used the Candy Corn Kisses stamp set (which is on sale through the end of the month) with the 1X8 treat bags. Love those little bags!
So, after cutting a circle and scalloped circle using the spellbinders nestabilities dies, we stamped the sentiment in grape on orange. If you've used nesties, you know they leave a little embossed lip on the circle which is really cool. I decided to use that "lip" for the glitter. Using Tombow Mono Aqua glue (awesome glue - goes on clear, dries clear!), we put glue all around the circle and then poured orange glitter over the top. I actually worked in sections as I found it easier to do. After the glue dried, the top was layered on the grape scalloped circle and using red-line tape, was taped to the 1X8 bag filled with pumpkin spice candy corn.

Okay - so I have to confess. I picked up the pumpkin spice candy corn because I liked the brighter color with the orange cardstock the best. I really wanted to try the s'mores flavor! :) Guess I'll have to come up with a brown and cream topper. ;)

I hope to have some of these ready for the first craft fair in Beloit, Kansas, on Saturday. I think I will as these little treats are quick and easy to put together and they make a wonderful way to brighten someone's day!

All supplies for this project (except the candy corn, of course) are available in my webstore: www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Have a wonderfully creative day!!