Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Clever Girls - Tombow Watercolor Background Technique


Another stamp camp card (these will go on for a while...) and it's a fun one. It's A Muse Studio's design that I made with a different stamp set. I have to admit that I did not touch my tombow markers much for a couple of years and now everything I touch is getting this watercolor background! Let me tell you, it's so much fun! And, I loved seeing all the different variations that my stamp campers came up with - beautiful! I should have taken pictures of all the different background variations but alas...didn't happen. I'm going to play with some red and green markers for a Christmas card design and then am going to add in some silver signo gel pen accents. It's awesome in my mind but who knows what it will be like when I actually put it on paper. That's the fun of card-making - it's a discovery process. 

Tools & Supplies:
Stamp Set: Clever Girls
Cardstock: Navy, Papaya Petite Polka Dot and Bristol 
Watercolor Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Grapefruit, Melon
Corner Chomper
Clear Block
025 Tombow Marker
933 Tombow Marker
703 Tombow Marker
Spray Bottle, filled with water
Heat tool (to speed drying)
Mini Multi Dots Twinkle Stickers (pink)

Cutting Instructions:
Navy cardstock base: 4 1/4” x 11”
Papaya Petite Polka Dot layer: 5 1/4” x 1 1/8”
Watercolor paper layer: 4” x 3”

Instructions:
1. Score Navy cardstock at 5 1/2 to make A2 card.
2. Cut Papaya Petite Polka Dot to Fishtail shape. Adhere.
3. Round corners of watercolor paper layer (use 1/4” side)
4. Take 025 marker and scribble on clear block. Spritz with water and rub on watercolor layer. Clean block. Repeat with other marker colors until background is done.
5. When dry, stamp images (take care not to mix ink colors with stamps!)
6. Adhere layer and embellish with pink twinkle stickers.

All supplies are a muse studio: www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Have a wonderfully creative day!


1 comment:

di said...

You are such a clever girl! Pun totally intended.