Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Have a Cool Yule! 3-D Christmas Tree Card

A Muse Studio had the neatest card on their blog recently and I knew I had to do a variation of it with my card class in December. I used the Christmas Tree Die. It will work with any symmetrical die (snowman or heart or circle or square or.... lots of options!)

The card base is seattle and has a layer of twas the night cardstock on top with two rows of washi tape from the fall collection and halloween collection at the base. Seattle snowflakes were stamped on top of the twas the night layer. It's subtle (which is a good thing because I forgot that stamp as well as the greeting  - have a cool yule - when I taught the class....oops! Good thing I have wonderful peeps who are super understanding!)

I used three of the a muse studio cardstock options to make the tree: grass petite polka dot, grass gingham and sage. Score and fold in half and glue and then glue the bottom layer to the card. A little bling is placed at the top of the tree and also at the end of the sentiment.
Here's a close-up of the right side. You can see that the sentiment is stamped in grass on a  shimmer sugar cardstock (love that shimmer!) 1.5" circle which is edged in seattle ink.
 And, here's a close-up of the left side. :)
Here's the inside. I just love how the a muse studio ink handles fonts. It's so crisp and clear!

I hope you've enjoyed this fun 3-D card. The nice thing is that it will fold flat to mail and then pop up when the recipient opens the envelope. :)

All supplies are available on my online shopping site: www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Have a wonderfully creative day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So pretty & clever, Seleise! Great use of product!! I wish you a wonderful holiday... :)_