Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Butterfly Popcorn Box

What happens when you mix the A Muse Studio popcorn box and the A Muse Studio Butterfly Trio dies? You get a great little gift box that can hold teas or candies or even popcorn! :)
The box was cut out of sage cardstock and then the butterflies were cut out of two panels prior to assembly. A panel of sage petite polka dot cardstock was placed behind each of the die cut sides and a strip of summer washi tape was placed on the other two box panels. A crop-a-dile was used to put two holes on each side of the box to thread the silky crush ribbon through. Isn't it pretty ribbon?! I ADORE it! It's just fabulous! It was actually hard for me to share it with my class because I love it so much and just wanted to hold it and look at it and drool over it. And, then I remembered I could buy more so I shared. :) LOL!
The box is finished off with some washi tape from the summer pack, some bubblegum buttons and some pink Easter grass.

Here are two tips.
1. I cut boxes out of the sage petite polka dot as well as the plain sage cardstock. Then, cut the sage boxes apart and placed the entire panel from the polka dot box behind the die cut sides. I tried it with smaller strips but thought it "showed" through the front and didn't care for that so found that cutting panels from the polka dot actually worked better for the project. Plus, it made the box a little sturdier for a heavier treat.

2. I crumpled up some scratch paper under the Easter grass. This helped fill part of the box and it gave a little better base for the chocolate candies which we used for the top. I ate the chocolate before the photo was taken but you can imagine how good it looked on the pink Easter grass. lol!

All products, except for the easter grass are A Muse Studio: www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Have a wonderfully creative day!!!

1 comment:

Patti J said...

Cuteness! You are so stinkin' clever :) Thanks for sharing...