Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My swap card, ATC and mini Valentine treat

Hello, everyone!!! I hope you are having a most fabulous day! I am too. I just spent the week-end in New Orleans at the A Muse Studio National Conference and it was fantastic!! It was the first conference for a│s which made it super special. And, it was my first time in NOLA. What a great city! Great music, great food and great people. Can't wait to go back sometime.

And, I just realized that my last post (which I posted while in NOLA) had an issue with the first pic. I have now corrected that so if you have another sec, go to the post before this one and see the outside as well as the inside of the little carrier.

But, I digress. Back to the conference... It was FANTASTIC!!! The first evening we swapped with everyone and made make and takes. Here is my swap card. It features, Tini Time and Blackberry shimmer cardstock, both plain and damask. The blackberry ink makes a great "drink", doesn't it? oops - sorry for the extra shimmer. I swear I didn't have a drink in my hand at the time. lol! just shot the pic in a hurry. :) Oh - the base of this card was made with the shimmer spritz, not the shimmer paper. Another fun way to get shimmer.

I also made a one-layer ATC (artist trading card) which is 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" in size. It's fun to trade these cute little goodies. :) This is using the wild rose set in sky and latte as well as the sheet music in sky for the background. The Many Thanks is in French Roast (or maybe it was the memento brown - hmm....) :)

Finally, I made a teeny tiny Valentine treat with the individually packed lifesavers. a mini yummy treat. :) The heart trio die worked beautifully with the felt to make the heart. The tag is Labels 8 and the 1" circle was the perfect size for the Wild Rose sentiment "for you" and of course, the gingham is perfect for the mini label. :)
My friend, Chelsea, posted all of the swap cards from National conference on her blog and her photos look great. Be sure to check them out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I promise to get caught up on my blog reading soon! But for now, I still need to recover from the good times in NOLA! :) All products used in these swaps can be found on my personal shopping website: www.amusestudio.com/seleise

Have a wonderfully creative day!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'm glad that you got all of your swaps done. I love them all. The card is gorgeous, the ATC is so soft, and the treat is adorable! Welcome back from the Big Easy to the Little Apple!

Deb said...

lucky you! I would love to go to New Orleans, it is on our list! love your cards and super cute valentines treat!
Debxx

Rita said...

Your post brings back so many good memories of a past gone by. So glad you had a good time. And the trades are fabulous.