Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

ViewMaster Card - Fun with Spellbinders!

Hello!! Here's a card that we made in my May class. It is such a fun card that has a lot of steps but really isn't as hard as it appears. It's a ViewMaster Card and I used this YouTube Tutorial called ViewMaster Tutorial with Dawn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbhO_hRD_9o for my inspiration.

So, here's the first view:
 after a turn of the wheel:
 after a turn of the wheel:
 and, the final turn of the wheel:

Isn't that fun?!!! I loved ViewMasters as a kid!!

So, I made some slight changes from the tutorial. One change was to use spellbinder circle dies for the card base (the largest circle overlapping the fold) and the interior circles. That worked great. I paired Bazzill Indigo cardstock with Kaleidascope Boyz paper and isn't that a fun combo?!!! Another change was to put "four" messages/photos inside. Since I had a smaller card to start with, I used a smaller circle punch for the "window" and it all worked together well. And, it fits perfectly in an A2 envelope!

I added some tag tidbits and a flower from Happily Grateful, a floral punch and voilĂ !

Have fun making your own ViewMaster cards!!! Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool! I gotta try this. Thanks for sharing the video!!